Sunday, September 1, 2013

It worked for me!!!

Yesterday, our family did some custom woodwork at a home where the man of the house wasn't feeling well.  In the past, this wouldn't have bothered me one bit because none of us are ever sick.  Seriously, even when my boys were very young, we visited the doctor only at their yearly checkup time.  But, what I've noticed since we began eating gluten-free is we all seem to come down with the sniffles or "aches and pains" more often.  In my layman mind, I believe this is because our immune systems are no longer on full alert, fighting every day to get rid of the offending particle - gluten.  Once again, we seem to have both sides of the coin.  One, I'm happy we all feel better without the wheat.  On the other hand, I'm having to research natural ways of keeping us healthy since we don't seem to be 'immune' to germs and other junk these days.

Back to today.  This morning (2:00am to be exact), I woke up with a head full of pressure and snot. Gross, I know.  Sorry.  I didn't know how else to get my point across. Anyway, I wandered bleary-eyed into the kitchen where I keep my doTerra Family Physician Kit and mixed up a concoction.  
Recipe:   
In a small glass, pour a 'shot' of fruit juice or water.
6 drops of Oregano to kill whatever is developing
6 drops of OnGuard to boost immune function
2 drops of Lemon because I like the smell
4 drops of Lavender because I wanted to go back to sleep
6 or 7 drops of fractionated coconut oil because the Oregano is a 'hot' oil

I also dabbed some coconut oil on my lips to protect against burning. [Oregano is amazing at blasting away whatever's going wrong inside you but can really set on fire whatever skin it touches. Be careful! :-]  And, I dabbed a drop of lemon oil on both sides of my nose (on the outside, NOT the inside).

I quickly downed my elixer, filled the glass with water and drank that too, then shuffled back to bed.  Within minutes I could breathe again, and not very minutes after that, I felt the lavender lulling me back into dreamland.  I woke up at 7:00 and repeated the process (but, without the Lavender).  We did choose to stay home and rest today to give everyone a chance to recover from our very long day yesterday but I've been working online and cooking in the kitchen all morning!  I feel great!

Many people do not want to take prescriptions or over-the-counter medicines on a regular basis and I am one of those people.  Since my family seems to be in a place where we contract sickness more easily now, I'm so glad to have found a natural solution to whatever pops up. 

*Unofficial Disclaimer: I am not certified in oils or homeopathy or anything like that.  I just know what works for me!  I hope you try it too. :-)  

If you have any questions on ordering from doTerra, feel free to email me.  I'm just getting started but I will happily share what I have learned so far.  The most informative site I have come across is http://everythingessential.me.

Have a great day!  Thanks for 'listening'. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment