Thursday, August 27, 2009

Why is it?

There I was, driving down the road with kids in tow, thinking to myself how wonderful it feels to have so many people wishing me Happy Birthday by text and on Facebook, when WHAM! Out of nowhere, on a perfectly boring road, I made a mistake that could have cost a life. How could I have done that? What is wrong with me? Questions flood my brain; that nasty voice starts in with the beration.

But, you know what? It was a mistake. Everyone makes them. Why is it that I get so emotional and want to immediately cut myself off from society?

I really don't have the answer...I'm done for today.

2 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean, I do the same thing. I start freaking out thinking "why did I do that?" But it would be an honest mistake, and we need to give ourselves some slack for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that makes 3 of us...good blog, btw

    Im confused, though..are you connecting your driving error with your personal happiness? Like if you would have only been more focused and not so darn happy and grateful, you would have avoided said mistake? Therefore the solution is to allow yourself less fun/social time/love so that you don't lose your concentration and can perform at maximum capacity and efficiency with the least amount of mistakes... like a machine, right? sigh...
    Or do you just feel less than and think that you are the only one who does these things and therefore you do not measure up? God made you less than par? You don't deserve to have any friends because you are so incompetent?

    You know what I am getting at right? Do I sound ridiculous or what? That's the plain version of the stuff the enemy feeds us all day. Garbage, isn't it? Doesn't it sound silly coming from me? Because I love you and so does Jesus!! Let that direct you and flood your thoughts for a while. xoxo

    PS just remember... you are a CHILD of God. That's how He sees us. As a kid.

    ReplyDelete