Thursday, August 20, 2009

Are you awake?

I'm not sure anyone in this country is awake.

I just jogged over to a friend's house, with my son in the stroller.

I left my son at my friend's home and jogged home with an empty stroller.

Ten vehicles passed me, including two state agency trucks and one neighbor in a Hum-V.

One bicyclist passed me.

I did not get one single strange look.

Not one person stopped to ask why I was pushing an empty stoller.

Have we become so "tolerant", so intent on "accepting others for who they are", that we don't even bother to question abnormalities and strange occurences?

I crossed a canal on my way home and this is about the point that the bicyclist ambled past. What if I had dumped my newborn into the rushing water because I'm suffering from PPD?

Nope. Not even one raised eyebrow.

I am appalled!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment