Thursday, August 20, 2009

We are shackled...

Debt has my family in chains.

I am drawn to adoption and I wish I could post a picture of the beautiful twins I found that desperately need a home before they age out of the system in Russia. [Email me if you would like to read more about the boys.]

However, although we have paid off about $6,000 in debt this year despite a downturn in the economy and in D.'s field in particular, we still struggle to make ends meet each month. I can't even contemplate adding on the cost of adopting a pet, much less the extortionistic price of bringing home two boys from a foreign country.

We have paid off the debt by chunking down big checks received (tax refund and escrow account overage), but on a monthly basis, we only make about $400 over the maximum allowed in order to take advantage of state services like free health care for the kids.

I'm tired of the debt and I'm on the warpath against it. Do you have any suggestions? Sign my guestbook, leave me a comment, email, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment